The Equiery will still host its Holiday Open House. From 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. tomorrow, Saturday, December 7, The Equiery will offer hospitality and will also provide Parade-related services, including:
- Drop-off site for donation of non-perishable food items for the Howard & Carroll County Food Banks;
- Pick up for pre-ordered Wreaths (fundraiser for the Lisbon Volunteer Fire Department
- Presentation of the Maryland Horse Industry Board’s Touch of Class Award
- Waggin’ Tails Portraits will also be having an Open House;
- The Lisbon Volunteer Fire Department will still host their Fried Chicken and Country Ham Dinner from 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.
- The Equiery will still have its LIVE Vendor Gift Mart (although we will understand if some vendors decide not to come).
However, for those horse people entered in the parade who would like a refund, you may collect your refund at The Equiery’s Open House between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. tomorrow.NEXT YEAR, IN 2014, THE LISBON HORSE PARADE WILL BE BIGGER AND BETTER THAN EVER! What: Hundreds of decorated horses, mules, wagons, carriages and stagecoaches will fill the streets of Lisbon with Christmas spirit in one of Maryland’s best holiday family events. The parade is free for spectators. After the parade, there will be Pony Rides and a Country Ham & Fried Chicken Dinner in the Fire Hall; all proceeds benefit local food banks and LVFD.
When: Saturday, December 7, 2013 at 11 a.m.
Where: “Main Street” (Route 144) in Lisbon, Western Howard County, Maryland. Lisbon is the small country village at the intersection of Routes 144 and 94. Mapquest or Googlemap “Lisbon, MD 21765″
Why: For family fun and to help a good holiday cause: the food banks of Howard and Carroll Counties and the Lisbon Volunteer Fire Department. Entry fees and sponsorships go to the charities; spectators are asked to bring a dry or canned good to donate. (In 2012, the parade raised over $8,000 for the local food banks and $2,000 for the Lisbon Volunteer Fire Department!)
How can you be a part of it? Parade is free to spectators; food bank donations of dry and canned goods or cash appreciated. Free parking on South and North Avenues and at the Lisbon Firehouse, Lisbon Methodist Church, Lisbon Baptist Church, and Madison Street. Handicapped parking at the Lisbon Elementary School.
What is the parade route?
- The route begins at the intersection between Daisy Road and Route 144
- West on Route 144 to the circle
- South on Route 94 for one block
- Turn left on South Avenue
- Turn left at Lisbon Methodist Church entrance
- Turn right on Route 144 to Daisy Road
What else do we need to know? During the Parade: Porta-pots and Food & Hot Drinks along the parade route by Town Grill
AFTER THE PARADE – MORE FUN!
Country Ham & Fried Chicken Dinner to benefit LVFD (located in the Fire Hall; $14 per adult)
Music | Block Parties | Holiday Shopping | Fabulous Finds all through the town!More Information- For photos for pre-event publication, or for more information, please contact:
Elisha Harrison Iager | 301-674-3187 | LadyLongears@gmail.com